Sunday, January 24, 2010

Never Thought This Day Would Come

Well I have to say I never thought this day would come and now that it has it is all a little strange. My dad got released from being a bishop today. It's just really weird. He's been the bishop since I was in 5th grade and before that he was always a counselor or something. I guess it'll just take some getting used to and don't get me wrong it's very exciting. Our new bishop is Vaugn Evans. He's been my neighbor my whole life and I love him and his wife. And the first counselor is Brother Whipple and Brother Prisbey is second counselor. I think they will all do really awesome but I'm going to miss not seeing our old bishopric on the stand........... which means my dad is going to start sitting with us in church. Hmmm that is weird hahah I don't think he's ever sat with us in church. It's been a lot of fun though having my dad as bishop...... getting first dibs on his secret candy stash, having him at girls camp, getting bishop interviews from my dad (which was always kind of funny since he already knows everything about me) .............. hearing all the juicy stories about people in our ward........ hahaha ok not really. All in all it's been cool being the bishop's daughter and I think our new bishop will do a great job.

No comments: